Social Media Profiles
Social Media Stats
- Twitter – 46.9k followers
- Facebook – 10.3k followers
- Instagram – 144k followers
Akosua Dentaa Amoateng
Dentaa Amoateng MBE, best known by her stage name Dentaa, is an award-winning British Ghanaian entrepreneur, actress, TV presenter, singer, producer and manager.
She was awarded an MBE in Her Majesty The Queen; Elizabeth II’s 2016 Birthday Honors. Later she received the Ghana Peace Awards Humanitarian Service Laureate
Dentaa was born in 1983 in Juaso, Ghana, and moved with her family to the UK aged five. She developed a love for performing arts emerged, and she performed in various plays and talent shows. As an actress she appeared in major British TV shows including EastEnders and Holby City before moving into presenting, hosting television programmes on British and Ghanaian TV including The Dentaa Show and reality TV music competition Mentor IV.
Dentaa is especially interested in collaborating with people who are working towards the betterment of Africa and its people, through creating opportunities to export the successes, the products, and ideas coming out of Africa to audiences in the UK.
The GUBA Awards, established in 2008, are a prime example of Dentaa’s work in celebrating Ghanaian and African achievement outside of the continent. Which has been extremely fruitful? Her motivation for doing this is pride in where she comes from and her belief that she owes much of who she is today to the culture in which she was raised. She believes that Ghanaian culture is something that should be embraced and shared with the world.
- 1983 – Born in Juaso, in the Ashanti Region
- 2005 – Released a gospel album entitled “Wu Ye Nyame”
- 2006 – Started “The Dentaa Show” a British ethnic minority channel
- 2009 – Founded the GUBA (Ghanaian UK Based Achievements) Awards
- 2011 – Named in The Future 100 Awards as a “Young Social Entrepreneur” of the year AND nominated for the 2011 Black List Awards for her contribution in sports.
- 2013 – Dentaa was announced as the winner of the annual African Women in Europe (AWE) Award
- 2016 – Awarded an MBE in Her Majesty The Queen; Elizabeth II
- 2017 – Received the Ghana Peace Awards Humanitarian Service Laureate
About Ghana's Power Influencers
This is a campaign that serves to highlight the people who have a significant influence on social media, specifically on Ghanaian audiences. The aim is to highlight people who are not only using their influence for commercial gain, but also trying to promote messages of positivity.
This is a Who's Who in Ghana campaign project. If you would like to know more about the project and upcoming book just click the banner below.
Can you suggest an influencer?
It's a very big pool of people to choose from and we sadly can't feature everyone, but please let us know who you think really deserves to be on Ghana's Power Influencer list.